成功鎮公所全球資訊網
無標題文件
:::
Organization
History
Natural environment
Demography
Local industry
Tourism resources
Tour Map
Home Page
 
 
 
成功簡介
:::
 
History -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chenggong Town , the largest fishing port in Eastern Taiwan , was originally named “Malaolou,”
and then changed to “Xingang.” After the Second World War, however, the name was changed
once again to what it is known as today: “Chenggong.” Although there are many stories about the
origins of the name “Malaolou,” until the end of the Qing dynasty, it was an Amis Tribe settlement
among farm land. In 1920, in order to adjust administrative districts and build a local port, the
Japanese renamed Malaolou Bay to Xingang.
 
When Taiwan returned to Chinese rule in 1945, there were three towns on the island called
“Xingang,” and so to avoid confusion, the provincial government ordered the name to be changed
respectively. Due to the similar terrain in Anping Harbor, the development along the northern
Chengguangao, and the comparable Hokkien pronunciation of “Chenggong” and “Chengguang,”
prominent local people and governors decided to change “Xingang” to “Chenggong.” It also
served to commemorate the historic hero Zheng Chenggong, who expelled the Dutch and reclaimed
the land for the country. The town has been called “Chenggong” ever since.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
961-45 台東縣成功鎮中山路176 號 服務專線:(089)851-282 傳真:(089)853-036
 
No.176, Jhongshan Rd., Chenggong Township, Taitung County 961, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
建議使用IE5.0以上版本閱覽1024*768解析度 網頁設計維護 / 深藍數位設計